The Thanksgiving Season is upon us, giving us a chance to be thankful for family, friends and country. Not everyone feels that way, though. Since Thanksgiving is a great tradition of the Historic American Nation, some people use the festive season to bash America and Americans—especially white Americans.
This is from a Social Justice type who works for Lifehacker.com.
9 Lies You Were Told About the First Thanksgiving
The kid-friendly story is too low on genocide, and the hats are all wrong.
By Beth Skwarecki, LifeHacker.com, November 21, 2022
The basic idea is that the Pilgrims who settled New England were the villains, and what Thomas Jefferson called (rightly) the “merciless Indian savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes, and conditions” were the Good Guys.
Ms. Skwarecki also thinks that the Indians were victims of “genocide.” But there are actually more Indians alive today than there were then, and at no time did white Americans attempt to exterminate the Indians.
It’s true that the Indians were victims of “genocide” in that they were Greatly Replaced, but I’m told that “Great Replacement” doesn’t count as genocide—and is in fact, a “conspiracy theory.”
Briefly, and I do want to be brief, there is a War on Thanksgiving in the same way that there is a War on Christmas. In addition, there is a phenomenon we call War on Thanksgiving Denial, same as with Christmas.
If you find it difficult to believe that there’s a War on Thanksgiving, you’re in agreement with Salon.com’s Amanda Marcotte, who wrote in 2019: Donald Trump’s new lie is a real turkey: Now liberals are waging war on Thanksgiving! Not content with the mythical ”war on Christmas,” Trump now claims that liberals want to cancel Thanksgiving, November 27, 2019.
Salon.com, which denies the War on Thanksgiving, has also at various times published the following articles:
See what I mean?
But we say:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM VDARE.COM!
Previous Thanksgiving Columns (and see our War On Thanksgiving tag)
- 11/24/2021—VDARE.com Wishes Readers A Happy (Politically Incorrect) Thanksgiving!
- 11/28/2020—Robert Reich Tweets On Thanksgiving Day: ”No Human Being Is Illegal On Stolen Land”
- 11/26/2020—MEMO FROM MIDDLE AMERICA: No, The Spanish Did Not Invent Thanksgiving. The English Did.
- 11/25/2020—VDARE.com, Unlike The NEW YORK TIMES, Wishes Happy Thanksgiving To All Our Readers!
- 11/25/2020—Ann Coulter: Have a Historically Accurate Thanksgiving!
- 01/29/2020—We Are All Puritans Now! 2020 Election Will Be Debate On Mayflower Anniversary/America’s Founding. Trump Will Win
- 11/28/2019—2019 War on Thanksgiving Report: Leftist Lauding Tradition-Slayer David J. Silverman, Coming For Your Turkey...And Your Country
- 11/27/19—Amanda Marcotte Denies The War On Thanksgiving On SALON.com, Which Hates Thanksgiving Worse Than Christmas
- 11/27/19—Ann Coulter On The War On Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving For Dummies ... Sorry, I Mean College Professors!
- 11/27/2019—Happy Thanksgiving: We Know There’s A War On Thanksgiving, Because SALON Has Denied It!
- 11/22/18—Paul Streitz Writes That Thanksgiving Had Its Origins In England With The Defeat Of The Spanish Armada
- 11/22/18—Of Course Thanksgiving Is Racist! It Was Invented By White People. But Have A Happy Anyway
- 11/20/18—Reminder: The ”Thanksgiving Argument” Thing Only Happens In White Homes—Minorities Agree On Politics
- 11/23/17—VDARE.com Wishes Readers A Happy (And Based) Thanksgiving!
- 11/23/16—Happy Thanksgiving From VDARE.com–This Year We Have Something To Be Thankful For!
- 11/26/15—The Cold Civil War On Thanksgiving–Thanksgiving Table Arguments About “Racism” Are Only Happening In White Families
- 11/25/14—Thanksgiving And Your Father’s America
- 11/28/13—Thanksgiving Is Racist Because America Is Racist. But VDARE.com Says: Have A Happy Thanksgiving Anyway!
- 11/23/12—Thanksgiving Is An American Holiday—It Is Not Immigration Day!
- 11/23/11—The Fulford File | A Happy Thanksgiving To All VDARE.COM Readers! “Thank God There’s No More Of Us.”
- 11/23/11—Thanksgiving Thought: The National Question And The Demographic Diamond
- 11/23/10—Will There Still Be An America To Give Thanks For In 2110?
- 11/25/09—The Fulford File: A Happy Thanksgiving To All VDARE.COM Readers!
- 11/20/09—View From Lodi, CA Pittsburgh, PA: On Thanksgiving, Will Americans Have Enough Food To Be Thankful For?
- 11/26/08—The Fulford File, By James Fulford The War Against Thanksgiving
- 11/21/07—The Fulford File: The Thanksgiving Of A Grateful Nation—And The Ingratitude Of A Few
- 11/22/06—The Fulford File Happy Thanksgiving From VDARE.com! (While It Lasts)
- 11/23/05—VDARE.COM Wishes Everybody A Happy Thanksgiving
- 11/25/04—The Fulford File: Thanksgiving Roundup
- 11/24/04—The High Road to Turkey: An Indian View of Thanksgiving
- 11/23/04—Grace, Gratitude, and God At Thanksgiving
- 11/19/04—View From Lodi, CA: Mincemeat For Thanksgiving!
- 12/08/03—War On Holidays Is War on America
- 11/26/03—Then They Came For Thanksgiving…
- 11/21/03—View From Lodi, CA: Hot Chocolate For Thanksgiving
- 09/25/03—Pressure On The Pot [Blast from Past! A 1989 Peter Brimelow column from the London Times]
- 11/27/02—Thanksgiving, Crazy Horse, Us
- 11/21/01—Thanksgiving: The National Question Footnote
- 02/08/01—TODAY’S LETTER: A Reader Comments on Multi-Cultist Holidays