Previously: MIRACLES HAPPEN IN POLITICS! Congressional GOP Channels VDARE.com, Moves To Impeach Biden Over Border Collapse
VDARE.com noticed a number of Republicans who are warming up to impeachment last week. As President Biden’s lawless immigration policy becomes more apparent, more Republicans will realize this is the best way to solve the border crisis.
And the good news is that there are already articles of impeachment drawn up. One version was drawn up by Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene. Another was crafted by Ohio Rep. Bob Gibbs. The Gibbs’s bill, unlike Greene’s articles of impeachment, has cosponsors. They are Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs and Texas Reps. Brian Babin and Randy Weber [House Republicans file impeachment articles against Biden, by Mark Moore and Juliegrace Brufke, New York Post, September 22, 2021].
The bill makes its first article of Impeachment on immigration. It declares:
- President Biden failed to secure the southern border by halting construction of a barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border, leaving Border Patrol agents to fend for themselves in the effort to secure our borders.
- President Biden attempted to end the Migrant Protection Protocol policies that required migrants seeking asylum to wait outside of the United States.
- President Biden abrogated the responsibilities of Federal border enforcement to private shelters, religious organizations, and local officials with respect to testing incoming migrants for COVID–19.
- President Biden willfully released thousands of migrants who entered the United States illegally without a date to appear in court for immigration.
- President Biden knowingly released migrants having tested positive for COVID–19 from Border Patrol custody and into the United States, and knowingly transported COVID–19 positive migrants throughout the United States.
- Wherefore President Biden, by such conduct, thus warrants impeachment and trial, removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.
The other two articles deal with Biden’s eviction moratorium and Afghanistan withdrawal.
Both Greene and Gibbs’s resolutions offer Republicans a plan for what to do if they take back Congress. Republicans must make Biden pay for his failure to protect our border and enforce basic immigration law. No president should feel empowered to break his most basic duty to safeguard the homeland against foreign invasion.